Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ouch!

Two days ago, I sent the kids outside to play. They are finally getting used to playing outside with each other. They are getting creative and are enjoying it. Two days ago, Sydney and Drew were moving rocks in our riverbed. Sydney picked up a large rock and accidentally dropped it. Unfortunately, Drew's finger was right in the line of fire. It dropped on his ring finger on his left hand.
I was unsure if I should take him in to get it checked out. It doesn't appear to be broken and he can bend it pretty well. It has swollen pretty big and it has turned black and purple color. Luckily, I can still feel a pulse in the finger, so I know blood flow is good. I feel bad. I tried to ice it, but he refused, and he also refused chewable bubble gum flavor ibuprofen. I got a finger splint and different ibuprofen for him.
This is two-days post injury:

What a tough kid.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ouch!!!! I hope it feels better soon.