Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hallelujah

Since we moved into our home, our dishwasher has not been functioning. It's been awful. Because I hate to wash dishes by hand, on most days, my sink and counter look like this:



We contacted our home warranty and put in a claim to get it serviced. Because it is a Miele, it is a specialty dishwasher. The first 2 contractors were not authorized service men. The third was a joke. He didn't want to do the work, but he said he would order a part, which would take 2 weeks to get. After 3 weeks, I contacted him and he said he just ordered it 1 week ago. I was furious, but I wanted it fixed, so I waited another 2 weeks. I called him 3 times and he did not return my calls. I called our warranty company and gave them an earful. I wanted results today! I was on the phone over an hour. While on the phone the contractor called and said the part is no longer available. So the warranty company would buy a new dishwasher, but I wanted my $1700 dishwasher fixed, not the new $800 Sears dishwasher they were going to buy us, which I'd have to pay another $100 to upgrade to stainless steel.
I didn't want to make a decision until Jeff came home. He thought something was fishy, so he called Miele and asked if they made the part. They had 4 in stock. Unbelievable! The CS representative had Jeff get the error codes on the dishwasher (which none of the service contractors did). Our drain was clogged, most likely from it not being used in quite some time. We waited for 5 business days for the part to loosen the drain arrived.
It came yesterday, and both Jeff and I wiggled it around in the drain, and the 4th time it worked! I ran a load of dishes, and my counter finally looks like this:

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I am so happy now! No more plastic & paper ware.

4 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

yeah for you..no more paper plates.

Platteborze Possy said...

Wow! What a pain! I'm glad it's finally taken care of! Washing dishes by hand is no fun. And the kitchen looks beautiful!

Aunna said...

Good for you for sticking to your guns. I had a problem with our new fridge and when I called they said it wasn't covered and I wouldn't give up so they ordered me a new part! Your kitchen looks fab!

Lisa said...

Wow, how frustrating!!!
Some companies are unbelievable. I'm glad it's finally fixed.