I thought I'd make a post on what's been going on with our family and our current situation. About a month ago, Jeff started poking around for job opportunities in the Sacramento, CA area. There were just a few, and he thought he'd apply for one at Blue Shield, not thinking anything would come of it, especially in this tough job market. A few weeks ago he did a phone interview that went well. They liked him enough to bring him down for a interview with a few groups. They said they would contact him, but the department was restructuring and it could take a few weeks before he hears anything. We thought that was promising because we wanted to push out moving to CA as much as possible until I graduate.
They contacted him last week as said they had completed restructuring (took about 1 week), and the new manager wanted to interview him. Jeff set up another interview while he was vacationing in CA with us. The interview was for Monday and by Tuesday, he received an offer. It is a great offer, but they wanted him to start April 27. He asked the recruiter if he could push out the start date for the end of June. The recruiter stated that Jeff was their top choice candidate out of 4. If they pushed the date out farther, then they would probably move onto the next candidate. We felt it would be best for him to take the job and everything would work out.
He is moving down with the kids in 2 1/2 weeks, and they would start school there for just a few weeks until summer. Luckily we have a lot of family helping Jeff and the kids out until I can move down with him in June. It is a little more than a month, and I think with doing my preceptorship, I'll be able to come down and visit. While Jeff is living there, starting a new job, and taking care of kids, he'll somehow find time to look for a house. Hopefully we'll be able to find one this summer.
This is bitter sweet. I knew I'd be moving, but I didn't think it would be this fast. We will be trying to get out of our lease and I would be staying with a friend close to school. I guess when it happens this fast, it is for a good reason and it is meant to be.
11 comments:
whoa ... wait a minute ... you're moving NOW?! that is fast ... but sounds like it's one of those fall in your lap kind of opportunities and so you better take it! congrats to Jeff and good luck to you all ... you'll be MISSED!! and you better keep up your blog!!!
ps ... let me know if you need any help getting packed and such!
wait a minute ... i just remembered that it's April Fool's Day ... are you pulling our legs!?
Oh, Kristen! You called today and already told me all this, but just reading it somehow made it even more real. I am going to miss you so much! Fortunately, we drive to CA a lot and can maybe stop and see you when we do! You and your family were some of the first people we met in the ward. We moved in about the same time and became such good friends. We always have so much fun with you! What will we do without you guys? I know this is what is meant to be for you and am so happy for you, but my heart also hurts because I we will miss you, our dear friends, oh so very much! Let us know if you need anything and you can stay with us if you need to or want to, even if it is just so you don't have to drive back to Mount Vernon after a late girls night out :) This also makes me sad because I still planned on vengence for the feathers, but was waiting for better weather...not there will be no house to prank :(
Wow!!! I am so happy that things are working out for you guys. Where are Jeff and the kids going to stay?
Heavenly Father makes it known where he wants us to be doesn't he? It'll be so nice to be near your family! Good luck!
wow! I am so happy for you! Where are you going to look for a house? Rancho/Anatolia has some great deal and is just a hop, skip and jump from EDH! oh, and it's in my ward...
We will miss you guy's lots and lots! Congrats!
I am so excited to have you guys back in California. We'll all be living in the same state! I have to admit that I will miss going up to Seattle to visit.
Oh My!!! I'm happy for you guys...but sad at the same time! Tell Haley that I will miss her and look forward to seeing what she is accomplishing through your blog!!! Do keep in touch and best of luck in the new adventures ahead!!!!
Post a Comment