The past years I don't really make resolutions because most of the time they break. But this year I thought I'd give it a try again and maybe by posting on my blog I can be held a bit more accountable. Here are some resolutions for our family. Thanks to Colleen for giving me the idea to do a list of family resolutions.
Kristen
1. Lose the weight I put on from being in school
2. Read my scriptures more regularly (or listen to them in the car as I drive)
3. Not yell at my kids.
4. Finish school
5. Get a job as an RN
6. Move to a fabulous place in a warm sunny place that I want to raise my children and NOT move for a long time
7. Buy a house
8. Take Jeff/family on vacation for putting up with nursing school craziness
Haley
1. Eat more -she eats like a bird and is out-eaten by her siblings
2. Eat faster - she is by far our slowest eater
3. Continue with piano and increase her talent that much more
4. Read more books on her own
Sydney
1. Be a great role model and example for her brother
2. Continue with piano and increase her talent that much more
3. Stay calm and rational when things don't go her way
4. Read more books on her own
Drew
1. When in time out, not kick the walls/door
2. Sleep in own bed all through the night
3. cuddle more with mom (I think I'm dreaming on that one)
4. learn how to play a sport
As for Jeff, he's not a big 'resolution guy'. If he wants to change something he will, but he prefers not to make resolutions for the new year. Maybe next year?
4 comments:
Those sound like great resolutions! I hear you on the sunny weather one.:)
Great resolutions! We do the same thing each year for FHE. We keep our resolutions in folders with traces of the kids hands and pictures of them. It is so fun to look back over the years and see how much we have grown, learned, and accomplished. I like your blog. It's fun to see pictures of you and your family. We'll check in again soon!
Those all sound great; especially the one involving you moving back home!
Reno is pretty warm, in the summer :) I loved the resolutions! The number one on my list is to potty train our 3 year old! Ugh!
Post a Comment