I can't believe its been over a month since my last post. I have been completely engrossed in school, trying to complete my assignments ahead of schedule, do all my reading and studying, and staying on top of my clinical assignments. I will be posting a few interesting patients I took care of on my nursing blog soon. I've filled my posting quota for the day. I guess I just needed to catch up on the past month of what's been happening.
Today is Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, future mothers and grandmothers. My mother has taught me so much. There are so many times I wonder how she did it with 5 kids within a 6 year age range, when I only have 3! What a wonderful woman she is.
Today at church, I was listening to all the talks about mothers and how wonderful they all are. That made me reflect on my motherhood and how inadequate I feel sometimes as a mother. My inadequacies started getting to me and I felt an overwhelming feeling throughout church. I came home and Jeff had a card for me, telling me how great of a mother I am. I just started crying because that is completely opposite of how I felt. The girls were in the kitchen with me and asked why I was crying. I told them, "Sometimes I feel I am not a good mother to you and feel bad for the things I don't do." The girls were nice to reassure that they love me very much and that they think I'm a good mom. Then Drew walks in and sees me crying. This was priceless. When he saw me he said, "Daddy what did you do to mommy?" All I could do was laugh. My spirits were immediately lifted. What great kids I have.
There was a great man who spoke today in church today. He mentioned that children born today are choice spirits and because they are so great they would have to have amazing mothers. Wow, what an honor and quite duty as a mother. He also said all the mothers are great, and you hear all the great stories about them and what they did, but you don't hear the stories of them yelling at their kids. That made me feel a little bit better knowing I am not the only one who gets upset or frustrated with my own children. I guess I really am human and all I can do is try a little harder to be a better mother.
7 comments:
you are a GREAT mom!
You are a fantastic mother. I hope to be like you when I have children. Happy Mother's Day! I love you.
Amy
P.S. Drew is funny!
You are a great mother!!! We all have hard days and trying children. They are happy and healthy kids and they know you love them. Happy Mother's Day to you!!!
YOU ARE A GREAT MOM! I get down on myself too sometimes, but just do the best you can do, the best way you know how. You have amazing kids too. They are adorable!
Motherhood can be so overwhelming at times! I completely understand, I constantly feel that I am not doing enough. But we are here to learn and grow aswell. As long as we do our best, that is enough!
I think you're pretty GREAT too!!
I totally know how you feel! It is so easy to feel less than perfect, but we are always trying and that is all we can do! We all do our fair share of shouting and being frustrated with our kids! You are an excellent mother, and it shows because you have GREAT kids! I have first hand knowledge with Hailey in my class at church, what a kid!
Post a Comment