Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm tired of running around

With softball & t-ball in full swing I have found myself to be very tired lately. Before the season started I suggested to Jeff that he should coach Haley's team. He had reservations because of the scheduling with 3 kids and various practices & games. I reassured Jeff that I would take care of Sydney and Drew, thinking to myself 1)how bad can it really be; and 2) there's a slim chance that their games will be at the same time each week.

Well guess what. Almost all of them are. I couldn't believe it when the schedule came out. How can this be? Well, I thought it should be okay...until Drew's T-ball game schedule came out. With all the rain we have been having make-up games. With that in mind, both girls have 3 games each week and Drew has two. Seriously?!!! I have to shuttle 3 kids to 8 games a week.

This is getting ridiculous. I was trying not to complain because this is the bed I made and I must lie in it....but I was. I was complaining to Jeff stating that I just want a quiet night at home where the kids come home, do homework, make dinner, and watch a DVR of Dancing with the Stars or American Idol with the kids. Is that so much to ask? YES.

After school the kids quickly do homework, then it is off to a game. It ends at 7pm and then head home or out to dinner and then they get to bed late. I know that this too shall pass, but unfortunately not for another month. At least I can say the kids are having fun and enjoying themselves. Isn't that what it's all about? In the end, yes...but for the moment?

No comments: