Saturday, January 23, 2010

Another day at the museum

Today I had the day off so I wanted to do something really fun with the family. I often work Fridays, which means I have to sleep on Saturday. It is great for childcare, but then I don't see Jeff and the kids. It was my plan to go to the snow and go sledding. I picked out a spot and got all the kids clothes ready.
Jeff rained in on my parade and wanted to bail out on the family snow-sledding trip. He injured his arm snowboarding, and after continually telling him to go see a Dr. (which he didn't do), and said it hurt too much to do an activity like that. I was disappointed, but I was determined to do something with the family. I called my sister-in-law and we made plans to go to the Train Museum with our families. By the time we met up, it was her daughter's nap time, so her husband stayed at home. Jeff opted to hang out with him, while the mothers took all the kids to the museum. I was a bit perturbed because this was supposed to be a family day....whatever! We took the kids to the museum, and then we met them for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was delish homestyle food. I am glad I ended the night together as a family.

We really did have a great time at the museum, and this was Haley & Sydney's first time. I think one time is enough for them. Thankfully I bought a season pass for only Drew and myself.

The kids in front of the largest train on display

Haley posing



Carter, Drew, Haley & Sydney playing with the RR signals


Sydney, Carter & Drew

No comments: