I realized after I sent out our Christmas cards, there was so much more information and events that took place that I failed to include. Well here is my 2007 Year in Review:
January - Returned from California from Christmas and the next day our contractor started the bonus room addition. I started my Microbiology course. Jeff and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary. I took Sydney and her preschool group to the local firestation for a field trip.
February - I continued to volunteer in Haley's 1st grade class. Her teacher was awesome! Two ladies and myself threw our first couples Valentines party. It was so much fun and the chocolate fountain was delish! My sister Amy came up for a visit. We showed her a good time around the town. Haley & Sydney started indoor soccer. This was their first organized sport and they really enjoyed it. Sydney really blossomed and loved chasing and kicking that ball!
March - Took Sydney and her preschool group to a museum to look at art. I know, cringe! Well, it wasn't too bad and they really did behave themselves. After 11 long weeks, our bonus room was completed. Beautiful! Microbiology done! Whoohoo!
April - Jeff and I got away for the weekend to visit Vancouver, BC with out the kids. Thanks to the dear Nedry's for being such troopers to let us get away. I started volunteering at the hospital on the Oncology floor and in the ER. Applied to Everett's nursing program and was not accepted. Also, Jeff's parents, his sister Alyson and her son Carter came up for a visit. We had a great time, while Jeff and his Dad tiled all the bathrooms and our laundry room. Looks great guys!
May - Had our first annual Cinco de Mayo party. Ole! The food was great and the company was even better. And what's not a mexican party without the pinata?! I made the pinata out of a paper bag. It was so hard to break, jeff had to get a knife out and poke holes in the bottom. Took Sydney and her preschool group the the Aquarium. We had a blast. Syd & Drew loved touching the starfish. My parents and brother came up for a visit. We had a great time and the kids were spoiled. I celebrated my 29th birthday. This is the last year of my twenties! Sniff, sniff.
June - Used my Mothers Day gift and cashed it in for a one hour Swedish Massage. Got a Staph infection, and will never receive another massage again! Jeff turned 33! Haley finished 1st grade and Sydney graduated from preschool.
July - Successfully tested Sydney for early entrance into Kindergarten. Took the kids to Jetty Island and had a blast in the sand. Spent 2 weeks in California. One week with my sister in Tustin. We spent 3 days at the happiest place on earth...that's right, Disneyland. We spent one day with just our family, one day with my family and one day with Jeff's family. We were able to see our nephew, Isaac blessed, and took family pictures. Spent glorious days at the beach.
August - Spent the second week in Sacramento, CA. Had a great time visiting family and swimming. Upon returning from CA, I found out that I was accepted into Skagit's nursing program. Finally! Drew turned 2 and Haley turned 7. Haley continued to loose many teeth, but had a molar removed by the dentist. Took the kids to a movie by myself. Yes, I am crazy.
September - Sydney turned 5 just two weeks after starting Kindergarten. Put Drew in daycare to go to school full time. sniff, sniff. We both weren't happy, but it's a good thing and he has adjusted well. Plus he gets to go to preschool every day. He is getting smarter every day and his vocabulary is phenomenol.
October - Time is flying by with school, but I managed to decorate my house in spooky decorations. Both Haley & Sydney went to pumpkin farms with their friends and had a great time. All the kids enjoyed trick or treating. Drew was in awe that he could knock on a door and get free candy. Haley and Sydney didn't want to stop. I ended up carring the candy home because it was too heavy.
November - Second month into my clinicals. I took on one patient and he was a tripple amputee. I got to do so many fun and not so fun things. They were all interesting and I have learned more at clinicals than in my books. My sister Julie and her family came up for Thanksgiving. All our kids played really well, and it was a nice change to have company. Went shopping with my sister at 4:30am the day after Thanksgiving. Yes, we are crazy! The last day of November I took my final and passed! One quarter down.
December - Got a new haircut and color just in time for our Eastern Caribbean cruise. Spent 7 glorious days in the caribbean and loved every minute of it. For more info, check out a previous posting of our vacation. Spent time with my mom while she was here visiting. Took my parents to the Keg for their first time. They loved it. It's also our favorite restaurant. We'll be going there for our anniversary. Had a quiet Christmas and enjoyed watching the kids open presents. Went to Vancouver for New Years and had a great time.
What's in store for 2008? Well, I hope to complete every quarter of nursing school successfully. Spend qualilty time with the kids this summer, and hopefully make a trip to California to visit family. I hope to put on a birthday party for the kids this summer too. Keep reading the posts and I will keep you updated.
Also, my sister in law, Marissa talked me into creating another blog for just my nursing school experiences. Keep watching for my new blog. Thanks for looking at my 2007 year in review.
3 comments:
wow, that was great!!
I'll email you about the massage??
Good luck in 2008 with school!
Did you forget that we came to visit in April??!!???
It was fun reading about your year.
Have a fun '08!
I am cracking up over your paper bag pinata...
Post a Comment