Saturday, June 5, 2010

We are the champions!

The end of softball season has officially come to a close. We were lucky to have both Haley & Sydney on #1 teams. Both teams were very talented and they had awesome coaches who were very competitive. They were #1 in the regular season, then they both went to playoffs.

Sydney's started at 8am and their team won 11-0. Sydney got a few base hits and they were playing beautifully. Yeah Panthers! Way to go Sydney!


Across the field, Haley's game started at 9am. When I'd glance over at Haley's game I saw a lot of base runs by the other team. Once Syd's game was over, I had to go and watch the game and find out what what was going on. Our team's best pitcher had a double ear infection and was unable to pitch. Our second pitcher was doing a pretty good job, but she gave up a lot of runs to the 2nd place team. I thought our team was finished, until the other team (our next door neighbor's team) started walking our players. I thought we might have a chance. We ended up tying the game, and we went to overtime. We had some great plays where we got their players out and we finally won 8-6. Way to go Wild Things! Haley had an amazing softball season. She can't wait to do it next year.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i will really miss haley!

sydney howell